Seasotra (Logistics) Ltd. is now using multi-modal schemes to ship big volumes of raw materials and ready-made products through the CIS countries. This includes export, import and transit shipments with full service package: rail shipment or trucking, trans-loading in ports or in border terminals, sea freight and “door-to-door” service where necessary.
Initially multi-modal schemes were used for shipment of steel and nonferrous products, bulk ores and concentrates. Nowadays we perform this scheme to deliver all types of cargos including pipes, paper, chemicals etc. both conventionally and with stuffing into containers. We also gained good experience in shipment of oil products.
We also perform railway transit shipments between CIS and countries of Central and Western Europe with cross-shipment of several borders including Chop/Zakhoni, Brest/Malashevichi and Mastiska /Medyka border terminals where (if necessary) we arrange changing of wheelsets or trans-loading into European-type wagons. Same routes are also used for trucking.
Timely reply to client’s inquiry is crucial for a successful forwarder. To insure this efficiency we constantly keep direct contacts with key managers of ports, rail, shippowners and trucking companies.
24 hours monitoring of shipping process and day-by-day cooperation with supervising authorities is another major part of our work. Ability to foresee possible errors on behalf of middle level managers in ports, rail and trucking companies, to avoid sudden claims of Customs or Green Peace bodies is a part of the “gold reserve” that defines reliability and competence of the forwarder. These issues remain at the center of attention of our daughter companies in South Russian ports as well as our agents in other countries.
Forwarding the cargo in ports is the most important stage of export, import and transit shipments. Our daughter companies in major Russian ports are constantly monitoring safety of the cargos and trans-loading operations as well as insuring quick and correct documentation. To attain these goals we perform day-by-day cooperation with port authorities as well as with customs and other supervising bodies.
Forwarding of cargos in ports also include:
- Port confirmation to accept the cargo;
- cargo monitoring at discharge/loading, storage, separation of B/l lots, marking, packing and restoration of packing;
- forwarding and shifting the cargo within the port territory if required;
- tuffing/unloading of 20" and 40" containers for further dispatch from port;
- other services as required by clients.
Our long-term constructive ties with major Russian and foreign ship-owners contributed to successful activity of the company in the freight market of Mediterranean, Caspian and Baltic seas.
Apart from traditional sea shipments our company performs more complex freight operation using internal Russian river ways. Volga river basin, Volgo-Balt and Volgo-Don canals produce the main internal river transport system in Russia. For these routs we either charter universal river-sea vessels or organize transloading from river vessels to sea ships and vice versa.
Our long-term constructive ties with major Russian and foreign ship-owners contributed to successful activity of the company in the freight market of Baltic, Mediterranean, and Caspian seas.
Main river-sea shipments routes:
- Russian export (pipes,oil products, grain, coal, coke, ores and concentrates, steel and non-ferrous metals, sawn timber, chemicals, fertilizers etc.) to Mediterranean, Caspian and Baltic seas ports;
- import cargos (steels,oil products, non-ferrous metals concentrates, bauxites, petcoke etc.);
- transit cargos between European and Caspian countries;
- shipments of all cargo types between Baltic, Caspian and Black seas through Volgo-Balt and Volgo-Don canals;
- autos and special wheel-type machinery using river-sea vessels or special ro-ro ships;
- project cargos using river-sea vessels or special river and sea barges;
- 20" and 40" containers;
- liquid cargos in flexi-tanks.
* When shipping cargos designated for Islamic Republic of Iran our company stands in line with restrictions endorsed by international organizations.
Rail and Truck shipments
Logistics of many transport projects dictates necessity of direct cargo shipment from supplier to consignee with the use of rail transport or trucking.
With good long-term relations with major Russian companies-owners of rail cars and trucking companies Seasotra (Logistics) Ltd. successfully performs such shipments both in Russia and to neighboring countries with land boundaries.
Commonly recognized reputation of our company as reliable and obliging partner as well as our transportation risks insurance cover allows us to insure these shipments to be fast and safe.
* You can get access to useful information about vessel, wagons, ports, containers in our DataBase partition.